Supervisor, Procurement-Production Material plans and implements procurement activities to ensure that production plans are well supported. He/she manages procurement tasks and supervises procurement team to ensure that goods and services are procured at competitive prices and quality and delivered at the right time.
- Identify and source vendors, review alternative production materials, and coordinate with technical functions (eg. Quality
Assurance, Production and Marketing) to validate the material acceptance criteria and develop material specifications.
- Collect detailed information about prices, quality and logistics to support vendor assessment.
- Support Manager, Procurement in price negotiation and contract arrangement with vendors.
- Plan logistics arrangement to ensure on time material delivery and optimize procurement cost.
- Coordinate with Planning and Analysis Function to implement effective Material Requirement Planning
- Understanding of materials and thorough analysis of costs to effectively negotiate for optimal prices
- Coordinating with technical functions and vendors to improve material quality
- Sourcing of materials for new product development
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Experiences: 3 years of experience in procurement planning, preferably in food manufacturing industry
- 2 year of experience in leading a team Experience in procuring goods from overseas including import clearance
- Skills and knowledge:
- Management of team and reporting of work progress
- Effective communication and excellent negotiation skills
- Inventory management and planning
- Logistics planning and import clearance
- Knowledge of spreadsheet